Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 14


HEELLLOOO =) How was y'alls conference weekend!?!?!? Oh man.. those men and women who spoke are totally called of God! I was so excited to listen to conference! I ran to my car and ran to the church door that's how excited i was! My favorite quote from conference this week was from president Uchtdorf he said "doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith".  WOW. that's so powerful! to me at least.. maybe it isn't to any of you.. but i have always had all these petty dumb doubts, especially lately and that was just like BOOM. FAITH. God is our Heavenly Father, he has a plan for us and we need to trust it and follow his commandments. I have dumb doubts like "maybe i'm not really suposed to be out on a mission.. maybe the answer i received was all in my head" NO, shut up Satan! get thee Hence! Faith. I need to have faith. I have always had faith that God answers prayers. What I received that day was good and anything that is good is from God. Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. Sorry if that didn't make sense but it makes complete sense to me! anyway............
 
Hot Hula fitness for FHE and the sunrise singles branch! OH my word!!! HA HA IT WAS SOOO WEIRD DANCING and movinng my hips around as a missionary! It was SOO FUNNY though seeing the guys do hot hula fitness ha haha... The next day my hips were SOOOO sore!! fun. imma do hot hula fitness when i get home! it was a work out.

I love 2 Nephi 25:23 and Moroni 10:32 DO ALL YOU CAN DO. Love God with all our heart. That's when we are saved.
 
I need more of those weird squishy pink ear plugs!!! please =) for my birthday =) thanks
 
This is Logans leg.. he got in a motor cycle accident a few weeks ago.. gross!


I've been off of chap stick for about a month now! WOW! Now i need to work on not biting my lips................. =/
 
One of my other favorite quotes from conference was " Just like we don't grow physically stronger from watching a basketball game, we don't grow spiritually stronger by just watching conference" LOVE LOVE love love. Go out and do! Faith without works is dead.
 
This is Shadrack. The recent convert from Africa. We taught him about prophets this week. His story is so amazing. He came to America just a little less than a year ago and he was walking around trying to find a church "i've gotta find a church.. i need to learn and read the bible, I need to go to church" then he saw two missionaries in white shirts and talked to them! he pushed back his baptism a few times because he knew that this was a huge commitment. He grew up Jehovah's Whitness so he was scared about what his family was going to think. He knows that it is his duty to go on a mission and he has been praying and praying about a mission and he feels that it is not his time. He is really amazing. His culture is so different than the culture here... He just got his drivers license last week so he is really excited about that. He is really hard to teach because of the language barrier but we just try to teach him really simply.

Oh my word i also loved Elder Hollands talk! when he talked about mental disabilities and depression and he shared a personal experience! WHAT!! He was so meek and loving... usually when he speaks i am wide eyed and scared and feel like i am being yelled at! I was in tears. That was such an inspired talk. Mental disabilities are real and we all need to be sensitive to those who suffer. What a difficult trial to endure...... i can't imagine... But what a wonderful hope we have as members of Christs church, knowing that after this life we will all be resurrected and be made whole! Alma 11:34-44
 
This is sister Gonzales and eyes new missionary tag piercings =)

This week we had a great experience getting to know one of our neighbors! The weeds in front of the house were OUT OF CONTROL so this morning we decided we needed to do something about it. We got to work and our neighbor and her daughter were outside watching us. Her 5 year old daughter started helping us! I was so impressed and happy! THEN, her mom began to help us! We talked and laughed and talked.... She asked us what we do exactly as missionaries, we told her and asked her questions and get to know her a little better. She asked about our wards trunk-er-treat activity and we invited her! After we finished weeding we wrote her a thank you note (She saw me put the note on her door....=/ and saw me run back to our apartment, awkward...)  and put the information about trunk-er-treat on it. Hopefully this week we can talk to them about church! God truly does love all his children. As I got to know Ashley I began to see her as who she could become through the gospel of Jesus Christ. I want to help her and her family come unto Christ! I love the people here and I want them all to have the restored gospel in their life! Through the strength of the Lord I will continue to invite others to come unto Christ!
 
Me and sister Gardner after weeding!
Alright.. Love y'all! Imma go fly some kites!
 
Love,
Sister Kersey Davis
 

Let the savior lead you to.......
......happily ever after

No comments:

Post a Comment