Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 17



Sister Gardner and I are staying here in YUCCA!! thank goodness.....

We got to hear from Elder Walker from the seventy. He was really cool! I got to see mostly everyone that i served with from Rialto! including sister Mucke =) and Elder Sieright in the back ground haha. It was sooo good to see everyone there!

Soooo this week... another difficult week that ended in miracles! president Walker from the seventy was doing a mission tour so we had a little conference thing with him and we shook his hand and stuff and... he trained us and he was really cool and funny! i LOVE when people can be spiritual and funny!! LOVE LOVE LOVE. he was talking about return missionaries and he said something like " i hear about missionaries coming home from there mission and they stop going to church, well, that is just the DUMBEST thing i have ever heard!!" ha ha ha! and his face was the best. so yea that was cool, learning from him. . . president Van Cott spoke too. and Sister Van Cott and Sister walker.

The sky in yucca Valley! it's always really pretty =)

this week we had only like 7 cancelled lessons!!! GRRRR i get so mad/sad when people cancel! but... as i looked at the cancelled appointments i recognized that MOST of them were legit reasons... so i think God is just trying to help me to gain more patience.... ha ha BUT on Friday we Finally met this couple we have been trying to meet with and they have cancelled twice and we taught them the restoration and they accepted the invitation to be baptized!!! =D they are going to be baptized on Nov 30th =) we gave the husband the book of Mormon a week and a half ago.. he has read all the way to 2 Nephi 18!! how cool =) she is really looking for happiness and peace in her life so she is really excited! she is sincerely seeking!

I got my hair cut this morning! it was fun. it is supposed to be an A line... but......... 

it doesn't look very A-liney... =( OH WELL!


i lost my planner and my scriptures in a 2 days span.......... =/ yeah sometimes i am a horrible missionary!!  BUT no worries i found my scriptures! i left them at a less actives house... and my planner is still missing... i am so sad! it had so many numbers and addresses and stuff! oh welll... not the end of the world.. luckily we are starting a new transfer this week so i get a new planner.

These are a bunch of the ladies in the Yucca mesa ward! I LOVE them so much! oh my word... they are so cool..... starting from the left.. Jackie (she is a non member, her son who she lives with is a member) we had lunch this day and we talked about Joseph smith and the Book of Mormon and we were all baring our testimonies and all of us were almost crying! we told her to go home and to ask her son for his BOM and read Moroni 10;3-5 ;) she will be baptized I KNOW IT! I love her! it's weird.. i barely know her... but i was like holding her had when i was talking to her!! ha ha! I don't do that! that is not me! i don't hold womens hands.... ha ha. anyway.. next is Victoria Hobbs!!!! she is amazing! the lady from Uraguay. We love to teach with her. she has SUCH a strong testimony. next is Shirley Cooper (isn't her shirt rad) next Kay Finster (the short one) she has been a member for about 15 years and she is a PRO at family history, and LOVES the gospel so much, She loves talking about eternal families. She is so sweet, Everytime i hug her i have to squat down ha ha she reminds me of Melenie moore! then above her is Nona pace, oh man she is awesome too! Strong testimony and so knowledgable in the gospel! and last is my amazing comp sister Gardner =)  i hope i'm a cool old lady someday.

We taught Betty the law of chastity this week ha ha it was fun. She is very open about EVERYTHING ha ha ha... she reminds me of me sometimes... ha ha ha. She is so sweet and she is so excited to get baptized! NOV 9th!


This is Betty, She is getting baptized on the 9th! she is SOOOOO AMAZING. LOOK, she actually does what the paphlets tell her to do! she calls it her "homework'. She goes home and reads and studies everything! She is so funny too =D


This is aloha. She is a bulldog, isn't she soooo cute!! kenzy bulldogs are actually not as hideous as you think! Let jose get one =) 

ok... so the past 10-ish weeks i've been thinking to myself..."i'm kind of a good singer, i'm pretty good!' 'wow.... i have a pretty good voice' ok FALSE!!!! soo at the Elder Walker conference thing we sung 'called to serve" and i recorded it and.......... i listened to it after and my voice was blasting through the speaker and i am DEFINETLY NOT A GOOD SINGER, ha ha ha ha i was so dumb founded.... all these weeks i was proud of my improved singing voice and.. yeah. i'm tone deaf. oh well i still sing loud!



WE all did wings and put on lip stick one day, that was fun. i think the mission is making me more into a lady...because i do my hair and makeup everyday now! and i enjoy it, and i now LOVE lipgloss!!! or maybe i'm just going through a phase..... Thank you sister Mickelson for teaching me that i need to attempt to be attractive EVERYDAY and for introducing me to lip gloss! 
this transfer our District leaders called us this morning and just told us what was happening at transfers. Sister Davidson is leaving... =( I reall like her.... she is on the left. Sister Gonzolaz is staying and Sister Gardner and I are both staying! YAY! and both elder plaster and hala are leaving twenty nine.. =( looks like I will be here for the winter!! AH! it's getting cold! SOOO WINDY! my hair gets WHIPPED EVERYWHERE!

Ok... i think i have mentioned this before but i miss back scratches and rubs SO MUCH.... oh my word... anyway.. so we went to dinner with all of those older ladies and we got there and dinner wasn't ready so we were sitting there and sister Hobbs offered to give me a back scratch!!! i was like " HALLLA LUUYAAa!!!!" oh my word...it felt SO GOOD!!! it was like a 20 minute back scratch too =) oh man... it was heaven..

ha ha this was the hand out for the onaga trails ward! ha ha i thought it was really funny, so i took a picture of it... HAHAHAhahah... random


ok well that's kinda what has happened this week.. sorry not very much spiritual-ness coming from my email this week... but this gospel is true! sooooo true.

Love,

Sister Kersey Davis

This rock reminded me of Jake and Kirby so i creepily ran back up to the door step to take a photo of it. Hehe


P.S. To ya'll going to college and trying to figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life: 

"You can either be happy all the days and unhappy on payday or you can be miserable all the days and be happy just on payday."

Make decisions prayerfully. =) God knows best. James 1:5: If any of y'all lack wisdom, ask God and he will tell you  straight up! But... Only if you are willing to do his will.

No comments:

Post a Comment