Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 15

This week has been crazy and wonderful! We have seen tons of miracles this week! 
 


The Constantinos gave us fans hehe they are such a sweet philipino family! it's Allen our ward mission leader (YSA) family. They are coming to conference in Utah in like April and they said they want to visit you!!!!!!!!!! OH. My. GOsh. Yall better meet up with them, they are amazing.


Miracle #1: We had a lesson with one of our investigators and we wanted to have a member present. We picked Sister Carter, She is a 20 year old convert, she is amazing and has such a strong testimony so we thought she would be great for our lady investigator. We were running late and it was dark (it gets dark here at 6:30!!!) we had to drive ALLL the way to Joshua tree to pick up sister Carter then we would have to drive ALL the way back to Yucca to our investigators house then take sis carter ALL the way back to JT and we were both like... "what were we thinking... this was a bad idea..." THEN we got to the investigators house and she had a huge gash on her head and blood all over her dress and knees... and yea.... she was stumbling around and could barely speak.. Sister Carter is a EMT so she asked her some questions and... she had overdosed so we called 911.. i was scared ha ha i have never experience something like this! She hid her pills and I helped her get dressed and... they took her away.. and that is the second time she had been like that when we have gone over there so we have decided we are going to try to get her into the addiction recovery program before we start teaching her again. It breaks my heart, but i know our Heavenly Father Loves her and so do I. Oh gosh.. i'm tearing up right now. I want her to be happy so bad... I hope she can recover from this addiction. I know that our Heavenly Father Needed Sister Carter to be there that night because Sister Gardner and I were like a deer in the headlights.. I am so grateful for the spirit and that Sister Carter followed the prompting of the spirit. She told us she texted us saying she couldn't come anymore but she had a feeling she needed to go. 



I am obbsessed with my light blue fan =D
 
Miracle #2:  Ok so it was Saturday night and we had a lesson set up with a member family and they invited one of their non member friends. We were sooo excited! We got a text saying that their friend couldn’t make it… bummer. We told them we would still love to teach their family and they accepted. Then 40 minutes before they said they needed to cancel. So we went to our back up and it was already dark pitch dark (by 7 o clock!!! Crazy..) and our GPS lead us to a crazy place we were like driving through somones yard! and we could NOT find the house. We were both frustrated. I think I show my frustration more that Sister Gardner does ha ha. I had the thought to pray, but I was too prideful to mention it. After a few minutes of trying to figure out if we should go home and plan for our lesson for tomorrow or visit the 2 ppl we had planned for 8 o clock Sister Gardner said “we should pray”. We did and we both felt like we should stay out. Sister Gardner said “ I feel like there is someone out there”. We visited a close by potential investigator and invited him to church. He said no, then we visited his neighbors (his brother and his wife they are Recent converts) they sent their son out to tell us they were asleep.... get real. YOU ARE NOT ASLEEP! then I scratched up my shin! Then we started driving home. Sister Gardner called a member and she sat their and yelled at us and complained for like 15 mins. I was feeling worthless and almost to tears. I decided to stop by at a formal investigators house that Sister Mickelson and I, last transfer tried numerous of times and no one has ever answered. Seriously sis Mickelson and I have tried this house like 7 times! We knocked… No one answered… we rang the door bell… and…. SHE ANSWERED!!! I WAS SO HAPPY to finally meet her! We talked to her for a little bit and set up a time to come see her! I am so grateful for a wonderful companion and for my other companion the Holy Ghost. This really is the Lords work. I am BEYOND excited to meet with her on Saturday
 

This is where we went to fly kites last p-day! It is in the dessert of 29 palms. It was really fun! It made me miss flying kites in our field behind the house..... my kite flew out of my hands and i had to chase it down ha ha it was kinda funny


Miracle #3 Yesterday 5 members told us they have friends that they want us to teach!!!!!!!! =D we are meeting with 2 of them this week =) the members are really receiving opportunities to share the gospel! I am so grateful for their courage and examples. I KNOW they will be blessed in their efforts to share the gospel. They will receive happiness in this life and the next! 
 

This is the Hindi Book of Mormon we got for our muslim, Indian from Fiji =) she is so sweet but.........I think she is more interested in us than the gospel... we had to tell her our purpose as missionaries and awkward stuff like that. . . but she made us Indian food and gave us fijji sauce stuff. She likes when we sing to her! Hopefully we can get her to come to the primary program on the 27th! she loves kids. She is totally a MORMON! Craziest Language EVER! she even agrees! I don't know how anyone can read this language!


Miracle #4: KEN TEXTED US BACK!!! ha ha ok you probably don't even know who he is but we have been trying to contact him for the past 3 weeks... after we didn't show up to have them follow us to church he wouldn't answer his door or phone... I finally left him a note i probably shouldn't have left.............. it said something like.. if you don't' want us to come over anymore just tell us!! and we will quit.. BUT we texted him on Sunday and he text back! WHOOOAW! 
 
 This is Bill. Sister Jones and I (we were on exchanges with the sister trainer leaders) met him while walking to a members house. He is a very kind old man! Old men are the sweetest, kindest funniest ppl! he builds/use to build these air planes. Model airplanes? maybe thats how you say it... we invited him to church and he said "oh i just love the Hindu temples they are so nice"... ha ha ok.... nice answer. we will try again someday for sure!

His Airplanes.
#5 Our district leader gave us a country spiritual CD to listen to. Oh my... i can't tell you how good it feels to listen to country =) My favorite song is "what i love about Sunday" I've listened to it almost everyday this week. I also love "Jesus take the wheel" 
 
#6 as sister Jones (exchanges) and I were walking someone was playing "don't take the girl" in their garage. I practically ran to the garage. no one was there so we walked away sllllooooowwwwwlllllyyyyyy, so i could listen to the song. hehe 
 
#7 I slept ALLL night Tuesday night! It was so cool. It was such a blessing.   
 
I bought this bracelet from an EXTREMELY less actives sister. She makes them to raise money for kids in hatti? is that how you spell it..... oh well. It is so cool! Its made out of magazine paper! you cut out a strip and then role it up! and that is how you make paper beads. so yea. Their is a couple in the next room and she is scratching her husbands back..... I am jealous... I MISS BACK SCRATCHES! ugh... seriously....... i haven't had one of those in FOREVER!

Ha ha funny story.. so we were walking and talking to literally EVERYONE we saw and we went to this house cause there was a guy in the drive way and we were like "hi how are you" he said "hi, said a few words" then he said "they are inside and got into his car ha ha so we took that as a referral and knocked on the door. They opened the door and I GASPED really loud and said "OH MY WORD"... the man who answered the door was wearing a mask ha ha. but they let us in and we taught them a short restoration and invited them to church and invited the man of the house to pray and he did. and his brothers were laughing at him.... it was sad he seemed really interested and sincere.. ps.. they didn't come to church or text me back.. i will go get them sometime this week though =) 
 
WE GOT A WARD MISSION LEADER YESTERDAY!!! whoooaw! we haven't had one for 3 weeks. He is a convert (YES) and he has served as ward mission leader 3 times already so he knows what he is doing. THANK YOU! because I don't... he is really excited and enthusiastic! 


 
Lastly... I LOVE the Yucca Mesa ward so much! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the YSA branch oh my word... sometimes i wish i could hang out with them as a normal person and not as a missionary... but this fast Sunday testimony meeting was so amazing the spirit was SO strong! I hope our investigator recognized it! i don't think i have ever felt it that strong in a testimony meeting. I love these people so much! ah. they are so amazing. Our investigator also got fellowshipped amazingly that day! so much that they didn't go to class they talk the whole time during gospel principles but i was ok with it because we were talking about deep stuff.... I was even confused! That's not saying much.. but he would have been extremely confused if he would have attended sooooooooooooo ok i've gotta go! we are going to the sand dunes in 29 palms today to go sand boarding! i'm excited! 
 
LOVE YOU ALL! 
 
Love,
 
Sister Kersey Davis 
 
ps... watch my favorite video in the whole world again please =) it makes me tear everytime!

http://www.lds.org/pages/moments

Serve others and smile more and I promise you, you will find the Savior. What matters most in this life? Not money, not winning games, not scoring points, not cute clothes, not good grades (c's get degrees!) what matters most should be our family the relationships we share and serving others. When we put others before ourselves that's when we find true happiness. Slow down. Look around. Who needs YOU? Go out of your way to do something for someone this week =) I will too. 
 
"don't shine so that others can see you, shine so through you others can see him"
 
 
PS.. I hug EVERYONE now... it's weird... I'm a hugger!

No comments:

Post a Comment